Thursday, August 5, 2010

Weigh In

Still struggling! And it looks like I am back to square one. Sigh.

But, I am sticking my chin up and am going to keep on trucking. I really see the importance of planning. When I plan a few days ahead I find I stick to eating much better than when I have a loose plan or worse, none at all.

My clothes are getting tighter and tighter and I hate being in my own skin. My family went out to dinner - sadly, we went out three times this past weekend, none of which did I make even one good food choice. Anyway, at one of the restaurants we were in, I couldn't fit in the booth. I was horrified. Luckily though, the other bench had a little more room for me, but I was stuffed in there like stuffing in a Thanksgiving Turkey.

We also went out to dinner on the way to drop my husband off at the airport for his week-long business trip. Our son really wanted to go out for dinner before he left. For some reason, that night I felt very self conscious. We were in one of those long bench seats with table and chairs -you know, the ones I mean - where you are sitting inches away from the next party. Anyway, I felt like the people next to me were talking about me and then I felt another lady stare at me with eyes that showed her disgust. Could it have been me projecting my feelings onto her? Yes. That could have been it. Nonetheless, I feel the disgust and I see it in others eyes.

Why is it that when we are feeling our worst because of our weight, we still turn to food for comfort? I mean really?!? Isn't it that that got me to feeling this way in the first place?

Needless to say, I've shaken it all off. This is a new day and a new week. I've returned to my planning and am working really hard at keeping to the plan. The fridge is stocked with fresh fruits and veggies. The biggest challenge ahead is the weekend and into next week. We're heading on vacation. The plan is to bring cut up fruits and veggies and make sandwiches for lunches. Not only will we save on the calories, but will also save a few bucks on not eating out. I'm only hoping the dear hubby will follow my lead and keep to the plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment