Sunday, May 15, 2011

Finding Motivation


Staying motivated can be so hard.
I am certainly entering a "low motivation" mode that needs to be shaken off and put into the garbage bin.
I've been trying to shake-it-off all weekend long. So hard to do when the weather is so crappy. Really puts a damper on my mood!

For me, I have to really take each day one-at-a-time. I can't look at the big picture. It's too easy to get ahead of myself if I do look too hard at the big picture and the long road ahead of myself. I have a long way to go on this journey. A. Very. Long. Way. So, I need to keep in the here-and-now. What am I feeling now? What am I doing today that I couldn't do yesterday? What did I do better today than I did yesterday and what can I do better for tomorrow?

When I look at the road far ahead of me, I start getting discouraged. I feel like it's going to take "forever". Let's face it, we live in a wold of instant gratification - get it when you want it. It's hard to be patient. Especially when I have so much weight to lose. I want to feel my clothes getting bigger. I want to be able to buy new clothes, want to fit onto rides, want to do so many things that just aren't a reality right this minute. Wouldn't it be so nice to just take a pill and have it all better?  Doesn't work that way though. So, I have to work on getting away from the negative thinking right now.

Starting with reminding myself of the many accomplishments I've had thus far.

1. Scale wise - I am rocking it!  I've never had consistent weight loss. Even with the last 2 weeks of losing less than 3 pounds each, I am still averaging a 3 pound loss per week.

2. Clothes are starting to feel loose.

3. People are noticing. Last week someone told me they could see it and they see me walking a little taller and smiling more. What a great compliment!

4. I am so much stronger today than I was on day one. I can do so much more than I could 8 weeks ago! I have way more energy and stamina.

5. Even though I feel as if my head isn't in the game, I am not letting my sour feeling take over!  I've kept my calories on target. I've still gotten into the gym. Probably should have been more active this weekend, then I may not feel like I do right now. It's all good. Tomorrow morning is a gym-day!

6. On Day one how many hours did I spend in the gym? Zero. After week one, how many hours did I spend in the gym? Three. Week eight, how many hours do I spend in the gym? SIX! Plus some other outside activities.  Huge accomplishment. Huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment