Friday, November 19, 2010

Wenesday Weigh In

...or not. I didn't weigh in today for a number of reasons.

I'm in a huge slump.  A depression, if you will. I had my physical last week and was up THREE pounds. How in the hell was that possible? Seriously people!  My calories have been within target 15-1800 and I work out on the treadmill burning 400 calories 5-6 days a week. I've really been pushing myself the last 2 weeks. To see a gain just killed me. Almost literally.

The visit to the doctor's office was embarrassing. I was a blubbering mess!  I think I bawled my eyes out for a good ten minutes before we could have an actual conversation. I reviewed my eating plan with her as well as my exercise efforts. She was just as baffled as I was. We talked more about surgery as well as the possibility of seeing a nutritionist (I did make an appointment with one for next month).

She also mentioned a book that a friend of hers has put to good use. She said that she herself hasn't yet read it, but it may be worth looking into. Off to the store I go to pick up  The Metabolism Miracle: 3 Easy Steps to Regain Control of Your Weight... Permanently. I'm reading it now and will review at another time. Until then though, I will leave it as I'm thinking of giving it a try -it's another "low carb" deal. We'll see. 

I won't be starting that plan until after Thanksgiving.  I'll just keep watching my calories and such until then though.

No comments:

Post a Comment