Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The first step

After that last depressing post, I made myself do a workout.
No more screwing around.
It's time to get myself up and moving again.
Sitting here feeling sorry for myself for gaining nearly half weight loss back isn't going to solve anything. In fact, it's just make matters worse.

So. How did the workout go? I'd love to say it went swimmingly. Love to say that it was easier than I thought it would be. But, I would be lying if I said that. Hubs was going to be late from work so once the kids were put down to bed, I popped in a video. Which one? None other than Bob Harper's Beginner's Weight Loss Transformation. 

What a workout!  My legs felt like jelly ten minutes into it!  I noticed rather quickly how much of my strength I have lost over these last months. I stuck it out though. I pushed through the jelly in the thighs. I made sure all my squats were in perfect form. I modified where I needed to and pushed through where I began to fade. I kept thinking "if he [Bob Harper] was here in my face, I would have to be pushing a lot harder than I am right now." Or, "You wanted to be on  The Biggest Loser, now do it!".

There were a few things I just couldn't do, jumping jacks for one. Jumping around like that just kills my feet. He does a few other more "advanced" moves starting from a pushup position...that's a little beyond me right now so I did what I could do. I know if I keep doing this workout and get into the gym, it won't be long before I can do every one of those moves.

Making that decision to push myself into a workout was the best decision I've made since February. My spirits are up. I feel proud for taking that first step. Now it's time to take the next one.

There is just one problem. I am severely addicted to food and sugar. I woke up in a foul mood today. I was shaking and needed a "fix"; bigtime. I popped a few chocolates in after having breakfast (was hoping breakfast would have helped...I did give it time, but I was still shaky and needed that "hit"). Once I had some sugar, I felt better. I've been grazing all day which seems to be helping to keep the hungy horrors at bay. I've also found myself eating a few times when I really wasn't hungry.

This really is a day-to-day, moment-to-moment sort of thing. I'm working on it. I'm much more in tune to what's going on this week than I have been in week's past. I'm honestly making changes. Small ones, but changes just the same.

The first order of business is to keep up with the working out. The next one will be to get off this sugar habit! And so begins that weaning process.

1 comment:

  1. I have big sugar cravings too. It is honestly better to stop eating sugar, go through the jitters, and get to the other side. I chug water and drink hot herbal tea when I'm nervous.

    And then know yourself: I personally don't handle sugar or sweets well. One bite is too many. The first bite is evil!!!

    Good for you to fight negative feelings.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete