Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to Reality

The family vacation is done. It's back to the daily grind we go. I sent my oldest off to Ninja Camp this morning. It's a full day camp. He's happy; Mama's happy. All is right with the world. With him being in full-day camp this week, I've decided to make the most of the time by getting organized...

I started pulling apart the kitchen yesterday. Organized all the cabinets, OK maybe not all, still have two to go. I want to make cooking as easy as possible on myself. I HATE to cook. Always have. But if I am going to do this - I mean really do it - I need to be in the kitchen making whole foods. No more junk! No more processed anything...or as little as possible.

I never thought I would hear myself say this but I'm turning into a "hippie". Like I've mentioned before, I won Jillian Michaels cookbook and have since picked up a copy of her book, Master Your Metabolism. So far, everything that she is saying is making so much sense to me! I mean, if you could walk in my shoes and do the workouts I've done and do the diets I've tried, you would know that I should have lost a lot of weight during those times, but I didn't. I struggled to lose every ounce that I've ever lost. I would give up. It's what I do. I mean seriously, why would anyone want to work out for an hour a day - I mean really sweat and work out, eat 1200 calories a day to only lose a pound - if that, each week. Sure, I would have some weeks where I would lose more, but most weeks were too little to even count.

I'm still reading the book, but I can sum it up in a few words.  No processed food and get away from plastics!  It's something we've all heard about before. I know I have. Let's face it though, processed foods are easy. They make our lives easy. We can run our errands, have our lunch in the car so we can get to the next appointment, spend less time in the kitchen and more time getting the to-do list done. All the while we are loading our bodies up with harmful chemicals.  I've always thought there has to be a reason for all the disease and syndromes and I'm willing to bet a lot comes from the foods we eat. I'm willing to put things to the test - and in a way I have already started.

I'm completely off the artificial sweeteners. That's right, no more diet soda, (for those who know me , know that that is an amazing feat! I was an addict!!) no more diet anything. I feel a change, I see a change.  I'm not craving more and more sweets and foods.  "They" have been saying it for years - if you use the artificial sweeteners, you are at a higher risk for obesity. I can now see that as a truth. I know that I've been eating less and hopefully soon it will show on the scale.






No comments:

Post a Comment