Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A girl can dream

Day 2 went well.
I'm at about 1900 or so calories. Before you panic, remember that I tend to do better in the 1800-2000 calorie range.  I try to stick to somewhere between 1500 and 1800 on most days so if I do have a day that I do go over a little, it's not the end of the world.

My regret for the day is not exercising.  I have a workout all planned, just poor planning on my part didn't get it done.  I'm not working tomorrow, and it is most likely going to be a snow day anyway so I will have plenty of time to get it done.  If I don't, you can yell at me.

My jeans felt a little looser today.  The jeans I'm wearing were fresh from the dryer so there is no chance they were stretched out from yesterday.  I hopped on the scale to make sure I wasn't imagining things, and sure enough, I am down!  I had the jeans on though so I don't know by how much.
---
Last night, while trolling Facebook, I noticed a post from Chris Powell  (the trainer from Extreme Makeover -Weight loss Edition).  He posted a video announcing the show is casting again. I thought for a moment that I might apply.  Now, please don't get all negative on me.  I understand that I don't need a TV show to help me.  I get all the negative things about it being a TV show....let's think about the positive for a moment.  For me, having someone there (here) to show me the ropes, to help me really live the way I know I should be living, to prove to me that I can do it (I know I can, but...you know what I mean)...there are just so many positive things that could happen to have a personal trainer at your service for long stretches of time.

I know reality TV isn't in my immediate (or ever) future, but to dream about it is kind of fun.  In fact, I am almost giddy just thinking about it.  The thought of making a video stops me right in my tracks.  That was a horrible experience (I submitted a video for BL Season 10).  I don't know what to do in front of the camera and instead of showing off my personality, I make myself look like a fool.  Oh well. It was fun to think of the possibilities for just a moment. :)

And getting back to reality...on to Day 3. Like I said, it's looking like it will be a snow day.  I have dinner all planned and WILL get a workout in.  And then I will be in my jammies hanging out with the kids.

Hope you are safe and warm, wherever you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment