Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Not A Snow Day

My son was a bit disappointed this morning when there was just a dusting of new snow and school was in.  Admittedly, I was a little disappointed too.  I was looking forward to just hanging out with my two boys today. We'll have another snow day, I'm sure.  

I did keep my promise to myself. I worked out today.  I have a number of workouts pinned on Pinterest so I began my morning by picking one that I thought I could get through without too much trouble.  I found a great one.  It took about 40 minutes to complete and BOY am I sweating up a storm!  I did end up making a few modifications....
        High knees weren't pretty...more like a march but with high knees. :)
        Plie Squat - I added a light kettle bell. It's what I would do in the gym and I figured the extra calories burned certainly wouldn't hurt - especially where I had to drop one of the exercises. 
        Split Squats - I tried but just am not quite ready to do these yet. I didn't want to risk an injury so it's out. 
        Butt Kickers - more like fast kickbacks.  I can't be running or jumping around with my plantar fasciitis.  I have to work with what I have and change the movement to work for me. 

I'll be honest though, there was a lot of self-talk going on.  I wanted to stop after the first round but looked at the time and told myself to press on and to two rounds.  When the third came up, I told myself I wanted to see my inner athlete so I pushed on.  

My legs are a little jellylike but it's all for the greater good. 


Tomorrow's workout will focus more on the upper body and a bit on the core. 




No comments:

Post a Comment