Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A bit worried...

I'm a little worried tonight.

My son has a history of migraines. He seems to have one right now but we're not sure if it's really a migraine or a virus. He's had this headache for about 30 hours. I brought him to the DR today to be sure. Yup, migraine. Then he started with a fever. I call the DR. Said it's probably a virus but still could be a migraine. Now he's saying his neck hurts a little. Not sure if he over heard us talking about West Nile and Meningitis or not. I call the DR back. She said as long as he's comfy and can get some sleep to wait on the ER. He CAN move his head. He DOESN'T have a high fever and he's "with it". All "good" signs.

Anyway, keep my little guy in your thoughts if you would. I'm worried sick about him and who knows what kind of sleep I will be getting tonight.

And about me...
I did go to the DR today about my legs. She said I have Lateral Femoral Cutaneous Nerve Entrapment. 
Basically I have some nerve issue due to either my weight or putting pressure on the nerve area from tight clothes (mine are all lose from losing weight) or possibly from the way I sit while on this computer. My husband is always yelling at me about my posture. I guess I should listen, eh?

Anyway, I haven't been able to really do any reading about this at all today as I've been worried about my son. The DR told me I can continue with the gym and if I get to a point where I can't stand the "pain" from this nerve thing, I can have a shot that will take it all away. I am guessing she meant a cortisone shot. Gotta love those things!

So anyway, here I am getting through the day the best that I can. I have a few calories left (haven't had dinner yet and it's 9:00PM) so I'm all good on that front. No gym today. Probably won't get to go tomorrow either if my son is still sick. It's always something. I'm OK with it just as long as he's on the mend.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your son :( I hope he feels better soon.

    Take care of yourself too - sounds like you've got a lot on your hands. Even if you can't make it to the gym, stay hydrated (water, not soda!!) and do what you can - even a short walk around the neighborhood is better than nothing at all.

    Sending positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenn!

    I have a muscle over my right knee that just gives me agony for days in a row if I sit a certain way in my office chair for a long time (meaning 10 minutes). It would even affect my ability to sit in the car for more than half an hour. I don't think it is the same thing you have, but I do sympathize.

    Sorry about your son's headaches. A Mom always feels bad when a child feels bad.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Things are looking up this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete