Saturday, September 10, 2011

Week 23 and 24 Weigh ins

Oh My!  Where the heck have I been?

Let's do business first.
Week 23 WI - lost vaca weight :D
Week 24 WI- down 1 more pound so total is now 40.9 (1.8 to go to hit my first big goal!).

Now, what have I been up to?  Why haven't I been here writing about my journey, which has been a tremendous help to me with keeping me on track?  Well, honestly? I've been lazy with the writing thing. Sure, I can sit on Facebook and browse the internet for hours, but to sit for a few minutes and write? Too daunting lately. Seems silly, I know. But here I am.

So. It's back-to-school time. The first week of school went swimmingly for my second grader. Oh, how the time flies!  I look forward to the start of the school year because I like having the structure to our day. I don't like seeing how fast my son is growing up though!  Time goes too quick!

That being said, I went to the gym on Tuesday after Labor Day and the place was rocking. I have never seen the parking lot so full. Not even on a Saturday morning has it been as full as it was on Tuesday night!  I was in awe. It's almost like New Year's if you think about it. The kids are starting a new year of school, the parents are thinking about getting into better shape for the holiday eating that is soon to follow.

Anyway, I have to take things a little slow in the gym these days. I'm starting to feel like an athlete with all these injuries I'm experiencing!  First an update on the plantar fasciitis. I did start physical therapy (just a side note - the therapist works with my first trainer! We did some dishing on him ;-)). It's going really well. I'm told to keep going to the gym but to keep it easy. No elliptical or treadmill. No jumping or running. The bike it is. I'm going to need PT for my butt after this. ;-)

One of the things I've been noticing for a number of weeks is that my arm feels like it's going to snap off when I bench press and do a few other exercises. She hasn't known what that was all about. While I was at PT, I was looking at a poster of the shoulder and asked about the pain I've been feeling. He told me it's probably my rotator cuff and that I need to STOP immediately and let it heal before doing further damage. Needless to say, I've been a bit bummed. I've done a few workouts using lighter weights and avoiding the exercises that make my arm hurt in the least. The problem is though that my arm has started hurting doing just around-the-house sort of stuff so now I have to stop with the upper body for a while. Not a happy camper. But, I am going to do what I am told so I won't further injure myself.

I'm a little annoyed that my trainer didn't know what was going on with my arm. When I told her what the therapist said, she asked me what exercises I could do. I thought to myself "shouldn't you know?". As helpful as she's been, I was a little taken aback by how little she knew about such a common injury.
Anyway, for now I'm going to be working on my own. I'm out of sessions and am not so sure I want to pay for more at this point with the injuries I have.  She's been nice enough to write up some workouts for me so I know what to do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment