Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Gone Fishing

Trying to get my head in the game this week.

I'm starting with kicking the habit (again!)...you know, the bad soda habit. I swear that stuff is out there to kill me! I find I eat more and make poor choices when that stuff is running through my veins. I've read all the research, I know all the bad things it can do to me. I can't help but drink it anyway. It's like a drug addiction. I'm serious. (Yes, I realize a drug addiction is much more serious than my soda) I come off the stuff and the second I even get a whiff of it, I am being dragged back down into the pit of despair.

So, here I am going cold turkey. No more soda! This cycle has got to stop!

I ran into the store with my little guy this morning. I passed the beverage case. There it was. Calling my name. I just gave it a dirty look and kept right on going. I swear it was mocking me. It's all good though. I won that battle.

Eating today was just OK. I noticed I'm still making some poor choices but I will reel it in and start making better and better choices with every day. I'm under some stress right now. Not that it's an excuse, because it isn't...it's just...well, if you've had an issue with food, you get what I'm saying. Anyway, my little guy has to have tubes put back in his ears. Got his surgery date this morning. Stressful thinking about the tiny man going under again, but I know it's for the best. I also have my feet and shoulder on my mind. Trying different ways to work around those issues in the gym. Finally, I have this new issue with my legs. It's something that happened a few weeks ago and started up again today....

When I did the 5K a few weeks back. I talk about how my legs were like rubber with the lactic acid build up. I didn't go into detail about how the really felt. I have to tell you now because it's the same sensation I am experiencing today. My thighs feel like they are being tickled. It's really the only way I can describe it. You know when you're being tickled and your laughing because it tickles but you really want to cry (or yell) to make it stop? Well, that's my legs. It came on last night after the gym. I did a bunch of stretches and was fine. Was OK this morning when I woke up but by mid-morning I've just wanted to cry. Still do. It "hurts" to sit. It "hurts" to walk. I just want them to be taken off and put somewhere else until they behave nicely. I want to cry.   Ohhhh...I just thought of a way to describe what I'm feeling...it's like when you sit on your leg wrong and it's good asleep, then you try to walk. That's how it feels. I hate it.

Anyway, that's my stressors right now. I need a good night sleep and hopefully will feel a bit better in the morning. I'm seeing the Doc first thing. She best not tell me no gym!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn! I stopped my 5 to 6 can of pop habit. I'll tell you why. Dentists call is "Drano for teeth" because it is so acidic on teeth. It is also called "Mountain Dew" teeth. Google it, the pictures will give you dental nightmares. That is the only reason why I could stop. I want to keep my teeth and not have them erode away from pop. Hopefully, this nasty info about pop helps you.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry yo've been feeling poorly Jenn! This may sound strange but you may want to do a few stretches soon after you wake up and before you get started with your day. I've found that it helps me get warmed up for the day. It may help alleviate some of the other aches you've been feeling.

    As for the soda and bad food choices -- I think the first step is not bringing anything unhealthy into the house. If it's there, it's too easy to just eat/drink it instead of something else. Soda is pure sugar. You said yourself that you realize the negative effects it has on other choices you make. I'm sure that stopping all that excess sugar that your body may be having difficulty metabolizing will also help you feel better.

    You can do it!!

    I hope everything works out ok with your little guy :)

    ReplyDelete