I know most schools have already let out but we are still in. Thursday is the last day.
I'm in the midst of making a summer bucket list with the kids and thought I should make one for myself (which does include some of the items on "their" list because it's things I also want to do). Some of the items are things I'm working on already - lifestyle kind of items, while the rest are really just about what I want to do in the summer.
My 2012 Summer Bucket List
- Get back into the gym or at least exercising - This is a HUGE priority!
- Meal plan; more importantly to meal plan while we're out doing fun stuff...pack snacks and lunches!
- Lose 20 pounds - that may be a stretch for me because I lose so slowly, but I'm giving it a go just the same.
- Go to BBQ's - my neighbors host a lot of BBQ's during the summer. I sometimes go, this year I plan on making it more of a habit to go an be apart of the social goings and not so much for the food.
- Have a pig roast (OK, this is more for my husband - he really wants to have one, I would like to make it happen for him...I won't eat the pig though, not my idea of yumm)
- Spend some time in NH at the lake
- Spend some time in ME - go to the zoo and the beaches.
- Go to the beach
- Bring the kids to the sprinkler park
- do a load of laundry a day
- vacuum daily
- make a chore chart for both boys.
- make 3 things from Pinterest
- Finish my little guy's baby album
- try a new veggie once a week (have I ever mentioned I hate most veggies?)
- Go geocaching
- Go for a hike
- Go for a bike ride on the bike trail (this is more contingent on my eldest learning to ride - he's really afraid of riding)
- Hit the new outlet shops
Bring on the summah-time!
And I will add to this list as I think more about it.
What are you up to this summer?