Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Clawing...fighting...running




I'm extremely frustrated this week! 
When I weighed in on Monday, I was UP nearly 4 pounds! 
I felt very discouraged and deeply depressed.  

The good news though is that I haven't given up. I'm still plugging along and logging everything I eat! I've also been trying to drown my insides with water, hoping to flush something out! 

I also took out my boxing gloves  er, I mean my running shoes. I've been chatting with some people about doing the C25K program. I tried it last summer, made it through the first week (hardly) but my feet wouldn't let me continue. *knock on wood* My feet haven't been in too bad of shape as of late so I decided to give it a go. It's certainly going to take me a heck of a lot longer than 8 weeks (that's the time "they say" is should take) to get through the program, but I will get through it (so long as my feet cooperate). 

Day one, Week one:
Walked at a 2.5 - 3.0 pace
Jogged at a 4.0 pace during the first 3 times for 45 seconds each (supposed to go for 60 seconds)
Walked at a 3.0 to 3.5 during the next few jog sections
Last jog session I did another 4.0 for 45 seconds 

*oh, and I realize that a 4.0 is a "brisk walk" pace for most people but it's really easier on me to "jog" when I am at that pace. That will change. 

I probably sweat a good gallon of water and felt pretty good when I was done. My foot is bothering me a little...I did ice both feet when I was done and plan on doing so again tonight. 

My plan is to continue doing week one stuff until I'm able to get through all the jog sessions without feeling like my legs are going to fall off or I'm going to cough up a lung. I haven't walked on the treadmill in ages, so my pace is a bit off, but that will adjust over time. 

And hopefully my scale will stop lying by next week! :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment