Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Busy, busy

I have a love/hate relationship with days like today. It was a busy morning with running errands which ended up being cut a little short when I realized my tiny man was passed out in the back seat. When we got home, he woke long enough to tell me to put a big blanket on him and take his shoes off. When he woke up, he had a fever. Not good. I'm going to reschedule his surgery which he is going to hate because he'll have to have blood tests done again. He hates that!  

Anyway, I head to work only to worry about him at home. Work was straight-out crazy!  My boss laughed at me because at one point I started talking to myself. Hey, it's the only way I can keep semi-sane sometimes. I'm sure you do it too. Right? Right. 

The good news with being this busy is that there isn't much time for eating. The bad news is much of the same.  Although, today was pretty good. I really didn't make terrible choices and feel like today is a win.  

Tomorrow is another story.  The temps are supposed to reach in the mid-high 90's with 100% humidity.  We've been hanging around in the 70's so it will be a huge adjustment.  Thankfully it's not sticking around.  It's just going to be an extra bummer if the boy has a fever, he'll be yelling at me to turn the A/C off for sure. 

I need some much-needed "me" time. I'm thinking that if tiny man is still with a fever tomorrow, I may set him up with a good movie in the playroom and I'll do a little crafting. I will also have to do some mommy/"baby" snuggle time. 

Alright, off to unwind for the night. I have a sneaking suspicion that I may be in for a long day tomorrow. :( I hate it when the kids are sick. Breaks my heart to see them this way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment