Sunday, September 22, 2013

Time to feel like a zombie

Thank you all again for the well-wishes for hubs.   He is doing much better.   He still has a slight headache but it's not getting in the way of day-to-day activities.

Unfortunately for me, I'm not getting any better.
I'm still an overwhelmed stress case.
My attitude  is very poor.

Might be time to pop an antidepressant.  I hate that.  I don't like feeling like a zombie but right now it will be a step above feeling overwhelmed by even the simplest of tasks.  Sigh.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn, I've been depressed before, and a person has to make a happiness plan. You canNOT give into the feeling. Take deliberate action to keep yourself from sinking into that hole. Everyday, make a little list of happinesses that you can make happen--a favorite song, a favorite treat, a favorite t.v. show, a favorite sweater you're going to wear, a favorite friend you can call, a favorite internet game, and then do a favorite thing here and there through out the day. Look for happiness with a small "h" all through your day. Fight for your happiness. Fight very hard. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had depression on and off throughout my life and I so relate. I have had to go on anti-depressants before too. IMHO there is nothing wrong with going on them. Recently when things got overwhelming, this time I didn't go for the anti-depressant since most caused more problems with my liver. So similar to what Marion is talking about, I worked on finding happiness wherever I can. In many ways, it is a fight! Exercise helped as well to battle the overwhelming feelings and stress. I hope things start to brighten soon Jenn. We are cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aerobic exercise is my current AD of choice - after a few years of going through the pharmaceutical directory! But I understand perfectly - Zoloft made me feel like a zombie too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with what Marion wrote. Sending positive thoughts your way x

    ReplyDelete