Sunday, June 29, 2014

Weekend Wrapup

(Sorry for the delay. The fam was on vacay and the internet was a bit wonky where we were)

Heading into the weekend can either be a blessing or a curse. During the week, I am in a routine- I only have to take care of myself and my little guy now that preschool is out for the summer.  The difficult part is I have to give up the gym for the summer.  Well, to be truthful, I probably don't have to give it up, I'm just not going to get up at 6am to go to the gym! I know, I know, you're probably rolling your eyes and yelling at your screen, but believe you me, it's better for everyone if I don't get up at that hour! Trust me!!  On top of that, we are a single income family. I do work part time during the rest of the year but that goes away during the summer which makes it that much more difficult to afford.

Anyway, I was quite nervous going into my first weekend of being on plan.  I even mentioned to Hubs about how I love having him home but hate that we tend to make poor decisions food wise during the weekend. He seemed to agree.  He is also trying to eat better so the weekend shouldn't be all-that-difficult to get through.

Saturday was busy with the kid's activities and getting things done around the house.  It was also the 'bummer' sort of day of the weekend as it rained on and off all day.  Once our activities and chores were done, we were expecting to have to sit in and watch a movie or something given the rain but as luck had it, the weather turned and we were able to get out of the house for a little while to get some much-needed movement in.

Father's Day started out a bit rocky.  Hubs got up to make a big breakfast for he and the kids.  I would have made it but I "can't" cook eggs the way he likes them and he honestly enjoys cooking so I let him have-at-it.  The poor guy got a good slice in his finger though while he was cleaning up....I'll leave you with he's fine but it wasn't a pretty site.

Luckily though, we were able to turn the day around food-wise and kept things well within calorie budget. On top of that, we had a fairly active day so all in all the first weekend is a win!



No comments:

Post a Comment