Monday, April 25, 2011

Allergies and Asthma

Easter went fairly well. I got a quick workout in the morning before the feasting really began. Well, that's only a half-truth. The feast began at breakfast. I, however, behaved myself. While everyone else at the table was feasting on french toast, bacon, eggs and toast, I made myself some healthy scrambled eggs with a little cheese served on a sandwich thin. Not a bad start to the day.

I did behave myself at lunch as well. Did indulge in some of the cake (and a few jelly beans) I made. All-in-all though, the day was a success. Only went over calories by about 150.  Not too shabby.

Today is a new day. And an allergy/asthma filled one. I woke up this morning with some major eye pain. Assuming it's from allergies. I've also noticed some wheezing. Fun-times are ahead for me!  As much as I love the prospect of spring - I HATE the allergens that come along with it. I'm having a hard time with the breathing, thus my energy stores are low.

That being said, I did get my workout in early this morning. It was all about the lower body today. Even though I am having trouble with breathing, I am still amazed at how fast I recover between sets. A few short weeks ago it would take me about a minute to recover my heart rate. Today? Took 30 seconds or less. I couldn't believe it!

Not only that, but while I was on the bike, I needed to increase the level in order to get my heart rate into my 'target' zone. I felt like I was working hard, but my heart rate wasn't increasing. Pushing that little "up" button did the trick!  Amazing!

Just 2 non-scale victories for today!

Speaking of the scale. I spoke with my trainer about my measurements on Saturday. He said I had an "increase" in some areas. He said that it's normal. He's trying to get me to build some muscle so when I enter "phase 2" and burn major fat, I'll have a great muscle base. I felt a bit better about things after our talk this morning. Not only that, I remembered I have my appointment with the nutritionist later next week. Her scale will be telling.

Tomorrow's challenge: get myself up and out of bed and into the gym for a 25 minute bike ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment