Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Jello and Ice

Today's workout was done first thing this morning. If you know me, you know that I don't get up in the morning. Never have. I hate mornings. Anyone up before 7:30 should be banished to their own island.

Today was something new for me. I was up at 6:00. Tried to leave the house by 6:30 so I could get 20 minutes or so on the bike before working with my trainer. I ended up leaving the house a little later than what I would have liked, but I was able to be in the gym about ten minutes early. Baby steps. Maybe Thursday I'll be there fifteen minutes early.

Yesterday was all about the lower body. Today; upper body. My trainer has "guns". You know, he's built like the man of steel. I keep telling him I want "girl guns". Today I worked on getting one step closer to having them pop! By the end of the workout, my arms felt like Jello - in the end though, it's all worth it!

Let me fill you in on where I've come from as far as my upper body goes. Day one we did some "push-ups" using the wall. My arms felt like they were going to fall off. I've worked up to the ability to do an actual (albeit "girlie") push-up! Today I was benching the bar (45 pounds). The goal is to get my arms to a place where they can handle doing actual pushups without having to worry about the weight of my body crushing them. We're certainly getting there.

One of the remnants of yesterday's workout is knee pain. I didn't injure my knees. They just feel like they are on fire! Edmund just smiles and says it's time for ice. "You need to ice twice a day. It's not like you're going to the DR that just sits in his office now. This is sports medicine. You need to ice twice a day for twenty minutes." What? Sports medicine? Me? Sports? When did that happen? I guess it was the day I set foot in the gym. So, here I sit with my ice and jello arms. Loving every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment