Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Believe



My trainer keeps repeating to me that I need to "believe". To really believe that I can and will do this involves my letting go of the past. Letting go of the failures and celebrating the successes. Knowing that I can get this done. Knowing that I am worth all this work. Trusting the process. "There can be no room for self-doubt", says Edmund (my trainer). 

It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.  ~Author Unknown

For me, it's a daily process to get into the mindset that I can do something - anything from weight loss to other difficult tasks. I've been focusing on what I want to accomplish each day instead of thinking about the reasons I can't get things done. 

If you think about it, it's so sad to see people (me) think so negatively about themselves. For so long I've thought about why I am not good enough, smart enough, pretty enough, thin enough...etc.  (Makes me think about the old SNL skit with Stuart Smalley (Al Franken) -"I'm Good Enough, Smart Enough and Doggone it, People Like Me"). Today it's about realizing that I am good enough and I do deserve to be a part of this world to enjoy life to the fullest. 


We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies.  ~Roderick Thorp, Rainbow Drive



No comments:

Post a Comment