Friday, February 1, 2013

Theme Song

I've heard Alica Keys' "This Girl Is On Fire" an awful lot during the last week. When I'm in the gym, I feel like I'm on fire. Most days I feel like I could take on the world. While other days I want to curl up in a ball and hide under a rock. But, my focus right now is on those good great days in the gym! The days where I feel like I could do anything. The days when I feel strong and proud. The days when I could kick some, well, you know. :) Today is partially one of those days. "Partially?" you ask. Yes, partially. The reason is that I feel a bit broken today. My feet have been bothering me know for a few weeks. It's getting worse rather than better and now my back is starting to bother me. I have an old injury from when I was in high school and crush (nearly) my tail bone. From time to time I will tweak something and that will send my bottom into a tailspin (HA!). It's time to break out the donut (the kind you sit on) and pop a few ibuprofen for the next few days to get the throbbing to stop. On top of the tailbone pain, I have a bit of lower backache going on. I'm fairly certain is muscular in nature and should subside soon. Today's workout was with Rudy. He was kind enough to go a bit easy on me due to my backache. Don't get me wrong though, the workout was still tough. We did a lot of upper body stuff. My arms felt like they were going to fall off - I soon forgot about the achy back! There are so many people in far worse pain that I'm feeling so by no means am I whining. I'm just stating what my reality is for today. I will push through and I will come out on top. I am on fire.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenn! I try of have a grateful heart on the days that bother me most. Confronting struggle in an assertive way trains us for bigger things yet to come. For this reason, struggle is a good thing.

    Because of this attitude, many of my toughest days turn out to be highly productive days. If I'm already cranky about something, I may as well use that energy to get something good done. :D

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete