Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's the small things

Sorry I have been MIA. I went away for the weekend...a much needed girls trip to Maine for some scrapping time. Didn't get a whole lot of scrapbooking done - but I did have a great time! Sometimes it's all we need. Getting away for a few days is great for recharging those batteries.

Tonight I went to have my haircut....a much needed one! While driving home I was thinking about how soft my hair is and how lively it looks after getting a little trim. It's not only a little pick-me-up for my hair, but it's also one for me. I notice that I have a little bounce in my step after being freshly coiffed. It's also the same reason I love having my teeth cleaned. My teeth may not be that pearly white that we all dream of, but right after a cleaning they feel it! Just makes me wanna smile and smile some more.

All of this lead me to think about how important it is to do things for ourselves. We've all heard it before...but if you really think about how you feel after you leave the salon, you can't help but smile. And to dig a little deeper and think about what you can do on a daily basis to give yourself a little pick-me-up...the options are endless. Put on a little lipstick, some earings, a necklace...guys put on a nicer shirt than you would normally wear...so amazing what it will do to your mood! So why don't we do it more often? Because our insides are broken. Maybe if we work on tiding up the outside more often, the inside will start to mend? I think it's worth a shot!

As far as my weigh in this week? I was exactly the same. Not complaining about it this week though seeing as I did go away all weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment