Monday, June 7, 2010

When is it ever a good time?

To start anything new? Seriously, we all have things going on in our lives, between the birthday parties, graduations, weekend get-aways, anniversaries, weddings, etc., etc., etc,....will you ever have a "perfect" time to start a diet? There is always something happening in our lives that will make it difficult to be on plan 100% of the time. It doesn't mean though that we should be putting our lives on hold.

Now I need to keep on remembering that advice. My last post was about my Gram's passing almost two months ago. Guess what? I am about to go through it again. My grandfather on the other side is now on hospice and is living his last days. I was in a "good place" with my Gram's passing. She had said her goodbyes and we had a great chat before she passed - no unfinished business - but I still miss her like hell. I miss her more and more every day, but I am getting through it. Now it really sucks that I'm going to have to go through it again with my grandfather! Talk about stress and depression and wanting to eat, eat, eat. But I won't give into all that. This isn't another excuse to eat and add more pounds on.

I am bound and determined to stay strong and find new outlets without using food to hide behind. Just taking it all one day at a time.

Tomorrow is weigh in day.

No comments:

Post a Comment