Thursday, September 30, 2010

Shut up and do it!

Shut up and do it!

That's my mantra these days! I, like a lot of others out there, are great at using excuses as to why I can't get things done.  When my house is out of control with laundry, dishes and toys that need to be picked up, washed and/or put away, I'll say "I can't do all this, it's just too much."  Or when it comes to getting a work out done, it's always too hot, too cold, too rainy, too tired...whine, whine, whine.

Then one day I said "Just do it" just like Nike. But even then I would think of some lame excuse not to and ultimately talk myself into running away from whatever it is that I needed to get done.  That's why I've changed things up a bit, instituting the "Shut up and do it" mantra.  For the most part, I am finding it to work for me.


Today has been one of "those days". The weather isn't perfect, it's rainy and wet. Just a "stay in your jammies" sort of day.  I've felt depressed and bummed out all day. Dragging my feet to get anything done. Finally though, I made myself put my sneakers on and pulled out the Biggest Loser Wii game and off I went.  I did a "light upper body" workout.  By the end, my arms felt like they were about to fall off.  At the same time though, the serotonin levels in my little brain rose, causing me to feel like a million bucks. 


Speaking of The Biggest Loser Wii game, I input all my info and it spit out that I should be eating around 2700 calories.  My eyes bugged so far out of my head, I thought they'd get stuck to the screen! I've always been told to have anywhere between 1200 to 1800 calories or 1800 to 2100.  I just checked online at a number of sites, most confirming the 1800  or so range while one did say 2700.  This week, I will stick to the 1800 to 2000 calories and see what happens.  After that, if I am still losing only a little at a time, I may try bumping the calories up a bit. (oh, and just to add that with the Wii game, It says I should lose 23 pounds in 4 weeks eating the 2700 calories and do their workouts).

No comments:

Post a Comment