Thursday, September 2, 2010

Late Weigh In...

...and feeling disgusted, discouraged, and all sorts of other negative feelings right now. I weighed in yesterday and was too disgusted with myself to even think about blogging about a gain. Not just a gain, but I am now officially over my starting weight! Grrr! How does that happen? Clearly my eating isn't on track. My exercise on the other hand, was spot on. I walked 1.5 miles 5 out of the 7 days last week. 

And what have I done this week? Nothing but gripe about how I feel. Nothing fits. When I say nothing, I mean NOTHING!  My shirts are starting to cling to me, I feel like I am wearing a wetsuit.  I can't wear my jean shorts any more because I'll turn blue and pass out from the lack of oxygen. My back is starting to hurt and my plantar factitious is acting up.

The good news though is that I am in better spirits today. I am not going to give up because I am at my highest weight ever and I am feeling at my worst.  I realized the other day that I am now 100 pounds heavier than the day I got married - almost 9 years ago.  That is just one hell of a realization.  So, now I am making my pledge to lose that 100 pounds for my 10th anniversary - 10/20/11. 

The good stuff started today.  I took the kids out to the bookstore this morning (late morning) before it got too hot to even think about being outside (it was already 93 degrees!).  I wanted to look at some cookbooks and we took a little longer than I had wanted.  I was hungry. The kids were hungry.  But I said "NO!" to that drive-thru window and came home.  Granted I ended up having a peanut butter sandwich, but I can fit it in if I am careful with counting the calories.  A step in the right direction was made today.  I am giving myself a pat on the back.  Now tell me, what did you do today to deserve a pat on the back too?

No comments:

Post a Comment