I've been out of the loop for way too long. Part of it is that I was focusing on other stuff like getting the house cleaned, prepping for Thanksgiving and getting some crafting done for my son's school. It's been busy around here and I've been pulling back. I'm trying to claw my way back into the world though, so please bear with me while I try to find my spot. I'll talk more about that this week.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Friend Makin’ Mondays: Holiday Shopping
- Do you like to shop? Not really. Although I do love my Target runs.
- Have you started shopping for Christmas gifts yet? Of course! I am an early shopper. I try to have everyone except my kids done by Thanksgiving. I just about had that accomplished. Still have one niece to get something for though - they get tough as they get older. I tend to over buy for my kids so I try to wait until later to do their shopping so I don't forget that I have already bought them 100 things. :D
- Did you shop on Black Friday? If so, what did you buy? I'm not typically into the Black Friday thing. I don't like crowds. I hate it when people push and shove and behave like barbarians. However, I did decide to partake in the activity this year. My reasoning was two-fold; 1. We could use a new TV. and 2. There were things in the Toys R Us ad that I wouldn't have otherwise bought if they weren't on a really good deal. That all being said, I dropped hubs off at Target to wait in line for the TV while I headed over to TRU for the toys. I did have to wait for 2 hours in the cold, but it wasn't all that bad. I would certainly do it again. Hubs on the other hand? He had to wait for 5 hours in the freezing cold with people who were, well...not sure how to finish that statement while being nice. And to add to that, Target security wouldn't let me get in line with him. So, I waited in the car. At least I was warm. Sorry honey. Anyway, he did get the TV but you won't be seeing him on the curbside again in any year to come.
- List a few of your favorite stores. Target and Michaels
- What is the last thing you purchased for yourself (food and drinks excluded?) clothes. I hit the holiday sale at The Avenue on Saturday. Did pretty well for myself.
- Do you prefer to shop in-store or online? In-store. I like having what I want when I want it.
- If you could purchase one thing that you don’t need at all for yourself today, what would it be? Not sure. Either a camera (not in dire need of one but the two I have (DSLR and point/shoot are both on their way out) or a Silhouette Cameo.
- Does your significant other shop with you? Do they love it/hate it? Sometimes. He doesn't mind shopping.
- Do you shop at thrift stores? No. I don't have the patience to ruffle through racks. Wish I did, could save me some serious cash. :D
- When you’re holiday shopping, do you make lists? Yes. I have an app for that. ;-)
Now it’s your turn so copy and paste, add your own answers then come back here and link up! Happy Monday friends!