Thursday, November 29, 2012

Back to Work

Today I'm going back to work. I'm not sure if I mentioned this last week or not but I received a call from the woman I interviewed with about a month ago. At the time, she said she wanted someone with more Excel experience. She called me out of the blue last week to offer me the position. Apparently the woman she hired didn't work out so well. I'm curious what went so wrong. How can someone quit/be fired in less than a month?  I guess it's no matter, I get to have a go at a much-needed parttime job.

My eldest isn't too happy with my going back to work. Mind you, I'm only working two nights a week; a total of 7-8 hours...just enough to fill a gas tank (HA!). I've broached the subject of my looking for work a number of times in the past, he never liked the idea. Now that it's here? He hates it. I explained to him that it's only two nights a week and I will see him everyday before he gets on the bus. I won't get to tuck him in but I will (as I always do) kiss him and his brother when I get home.

I'm going to have to buckle down and meal plan a bit better. As it is, three days a week are spent on the pool deck while my eldest swims for the swim team. Those afternoons are nothing short of hectic. Adding in my work schedule is going to get dicey.  And yes, I realize people work and manage a household all at the same time. It's going to be an adjustment but one that I can handle.

As far as the weight stuff goes, I hopped on the scale this morning (a day early) because I was feeling light and my skin looked so healthy (I'm told I have "nice skin" all the time, but I'd beg to differ). Well, I shouldn't have looked! I'm up 9 pounds. I guess I best get to drinking some water today. I am very dehydrated. I know it's *mostly* water weight because I certainly didn't eat an extra 31000 calories last week!  I probably had an extra 3, maybe 4 thousand over the weekend (that would be a pound or so)....not 9!  I'm not going to stress out about it. I know what I need to do to get the scale back on track.

Off to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn! Yes. You were smart to know that most of it is water weight. I see people go up and down as much as 9 pounds at my weekly weight loss meeting. Focus on the overall trend. Mostly, keep being mature about it. Nothing huge in weight loss, either good or bad, happens in a short period of time.

    Your children will appreciate you more when you work. Plus, you will be a role model to them in a different way.

    Double your recipes for leftovers as the next meal that your kids can microwave.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marion gave you a wonderful tip. I always think working a few hours a week is great. It gives the household a little chance to reflect on all you do for them.

    I always felt when I worked a day/night or two a week, my family really realized the little things I did, that normally went unnoticed.

    rock it solid

    ReplyDelete