I'm also feeling a little sad that we are entering this week...we were supposed to be leaving for Disney on Wednesday afternoon but I had to cancel that trip. I'm a bit depressed about it but am working on a budget so we can go sometime next year for sure.
Time to play along with Kenlie's FMM: Thanksgiving Edition
1. Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? If so, please share them. The tradition is that I host. I DO NOT cook Turkey though - I hate turkey! My mother will cook it in her oven on her side of the house and I'll do the rest....although hubs says he's doing it this year because I hate Thanksgiving. (Well, I love the premise of it, I just hate all the prep and the cleaning and the cooking and the cleaning again).
2. List at least three dishes that are on your family’s table every year. We're pretty basic...mashed potatoes, stuffing, fresh bread
3. Do you prefer pumpkin pie or pecan pie? Pumpkin!!
4. Will you watch football on Thanksgiving Day? I would love to this year because my Pats are playing but I will be doing a bad thing...I'll be inline at Toys R Us. I live in a state (only 2 left in the nation
) that has blue laws so I'll be popping over the border to NH to stand in line with other black Friday freaks. Now, don't hate on me. I don't agree that the stores should be open on Thanksgiving but I would never, ever get up at an unruly hour to go stand inline...so, I'll go at night. But, if there was a petition to stop all that nonsense, I would sign it. I'm just going to participate while I can because I can.
5. Do you plan to exercise Thursday? I’m hoping to. Hubs, make me get on the treadmill, would ya?
6. Do you prefer ham or turkey? HAM! I HATE Turkey! (Hey, haters gonna hate)
7. Will you shop on Black Friday? Thursday night - TRU and Walmart but only because my friend wants to go there. My feelings about Walmart are right up there with my feelings about turkey.
8. Do you take a nap on Thanksgiving? I wish! I will be sleeping a lot of Friday though! :)
9. Share one dish that probably won’t be on anyone else’s table. Well, if I decide to make potroast....other than that, we are pretty standard people over here.
10. What are you thankful for today? I'm thankful to have a warm house to live in and food on the table. Times are rough out there.