Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Making Changes

I mentioned before that I won Jillian Michaels' "Master Your Metabolism Cookbook" from WellBella magazine. I've read the beginning of the book where she summarizes her "Master Your Metabolism" book and am now armed and ready to make some big changes in the pantry around here.

About the cookbook; Pick it up! It's great! I've made the Quinoa crunch as previously mentioned and it's yummmm! I also made the almond-crusted chicken.....so good! I'm not usually a fan of chicken. I really hate chicken. I hate when chicken tastes like chicken. I know, I am weird, but I'm being truthful. This recipe is a keeper! I am going to make it again this week! In fact, it's going to become a staple in our house. Very easy and everyone really enjoyed it!

I'm also absolutely hooked on Losing It! I don't know what it is about Jillian that gets me revved up and feeling all ready to go! Although I was "glad" I didn't make it onto The Biggest Loser after working out with her for the taping in Boston as I am STILL in pain from working out with her! Seriously, I have a foot injury. My own fault. I need to get some good shoes. I know, I know!

Anyway, I'm thinking that I may go back and re-watch previous episodes and talk about them here. Every episode leaves me with some heavy duty thinking. I'll start now with the episode I just watched on my DVR...I am a little behind - sorry.

The Northern Family
The biggest thing that Jillian had said to Patrick that hit me the hardest was "...you have this potential, you just don't see it, have you ever given yourself a chance at anything?..."
That stung me! This is SO ME! And no, I don't give myself a chance. Why? Afraid to fail. But as Jillian also pointed out that giving up is failure! Good food for thought there.

Jillian also talked about Patrick's apathy. Another moment where I was floored! I never really thought about it til then, but again it's me. I would rather sit on the couch and watch than really do anything. It's so hard to have interest in the fun in life when you are this heavy and this unhappy with yourself. Sure, I am good at faking it when I have to, but I am selling myself short and I know it. But how to fix it? That's the question I've been asking myself for a long time.

I guess it's all about taking one step at a time. So, today I made a step. I went and stocked the cupboards with non-processed foods. Even for the kids! No more of the go-to kids snacks! You know the ones I'm talking about! I made some healthy "quick" snacks for the kids (they always have to have a fruit or veggie as a snack and then get to have a more-processed choice as the second snack...so I made some brownies with veggies IN them), and am ready to get going with Mastering MY Metabolism!

No comments:

Post a Comment