Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wednesday Weigh In

...a day late. The last week has been nuts! I haven't had any time to myself! It's not always a bad thing to be that way for short periods of time because there is less time to goof off and eat terribly. At the same time though, it can be a terrible thing to not have much free time because the planning and everything else seems to go by the wayside. This past week ended up with a 1 pound gain. Surprisingly though, I am not feeling too bad about it. Every time I have a "bad week", I tend to beat myself up over it. Not this week though. With limited use of my foot last week, and all the outside things I had to do - I will take a 1 pound gain as a success.

One thing I've realized the last few days is that blogging seems to help me. Helps me keep honest and keeps me in check. The next few weeks are going to be a challenge to find time to get online to write even a little something, but I am going to try my hardest to do so.

Update on my foot: Seems the wrapping and the cortisone shot has done the trick! I'm 100% better and am cleared to start exercising! I need to put an insert into my shoe as well as this heal thingy -if I need it and will need to ice it nightly. I am just so happy to finally be able to walk without feeling like I'm a 90 year old woman.

That being said, when I took my son to track and field tonight, I decided to walk the track. I walked one mile. I could have done more - walking a mile on the track is so much easier than walking on the treadmill with the incline and all that going! I thought it best to start out slow though, so I stopped at one mile. Walking on said track though, brings back memories. Not fond ones. I live in the town I grew up in; the track is at the high school I attended. When I was in HS, I couldn't run the darn thing, never mind walk one mile. I remember huffing and puffing all the way around it; fighting back tears with each step and turn I made. I was always the last to finish - feeling deflated and humiliated. Tonight, I decided that I am going run that mile. I will! I'm going to start by walking it...then I will work in a jog here and there...getting up to a 1/4 mile jog and working up from there. When I run that full mile, MAN! That will be one hell of a victory for me! And I WILL do it! Until then, I will keep on walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment