Sunday, July 11, 2010

Scrapbook Sunday

I'm working on my younger son's first year baby album. This page is of my eldest checking in and giving a quick hug to the baby. I love how much he adores his baby brother!

When I am scrapping, I don't think about anything other than remembering the story behind the pictures and getting that story down onto paper. I've never considered myself an "artsy" person or a very creative person for that matter. But scrapping is something that I fell in love with from the first time I tried it.

One of the things I've realized is when I am engrossed in my scrapping projects, it's really the only time I am not thinking about food. Not at all. When I get stressed and don't know what to do about a certain situation, I turn to food. When I am in the middle of picking papers to go with pictures and trying to figure out a creative layout to use, I'm able to stay 100% focused on the task at hand. Now that I have recognized this about myself, I need to work on being able to focus on everything else that's going on around me and not turn to food for comfort. Hrm...this is a topic I will need to explore deeper on another day.

Goal accomplishments for today:
Got all my water in
And I don't take any crap from anyone - that's my nice thing to say about myself for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment