Thursday, June 23, 2011

Last Day of School

I can't believe today is the last day I will have a First Grader!  It's so unreal how the time flies.

Anyway...
My trainer kicked-it-up a notch last night in my workout. She's trying to help me with this holding pattern I seem to be in. I think I could be holding here for a number of reasons:

1. I was on a medication that may have played a role in my mood changes over the last 2 weeks or so. That may also have played a role in the lack of weight loss.

2. Stress. I have a post I'm working on about what is bothering me. I'm still not sure if I'm ready to post it for the world to see though....

3. My workouts with Edmund were mainly in the morning. Crack-of-dawn. It wasn't good for my health in the sense that I was tired and hated being up so early. But maybe it was playing an integral role in my weight loss?

Here we are now. The medication is out of my system. I'm starting to feel a lot better mentally. The stressor is under control, at least for now. I don't have to worry about it again for another 3 months. Now have to think about the gym.

I was able to get in a full 20 minutes of cardio prior to my training session yesterday. That brought my burn to 1240 calories. I love it when I get a good burn like that! We moved some of the exercises around so I can have a workout that I do entirely at home.

Dorothy has also added interval training into my sessions. I do my three sets of three different strength exercises then hop on the elliptical, treadmill or bike for 5 minutes.  The first day I did the elliptical I thought I was going to die. Seriously. It was the hardest thing for me to do. I can now do my 5 minutes without issue.

Here's hoping the changes will help kick things back into gear. I'm not holding out much hope for tomorrow's weigh-in. Next week there best be some changes though!

No comments:

Post a Comment