Friday, June 3, 2011

Totally Twisted

Here in Massachusetts, we don't typically have tornados. We'll have a "tornado watch" and sometimes even a "tornado warning" once or twice during the summer but it usually passes without coming to fruition. Yesterday was a different story though. I think everyone around here can agree that when we get the "watches and warnings" we just roll our eyes and say "yea, OK". But, with the weather that's been happening all around the country, I believe we were all a little worried and for good reason.

My heart goes out to the people in the affected areas who lost a loved one and/or who are putting their homes back together. We always joke about how we'd like this tree to fall on that part of the house so we can fix this about the house...but we're always just that_joking. I couldn't imagine having to clean up after such a devastating force has come through.

I was a lucky one. The tornadoes that came through yesterday were about 100 miles or so away from here. There was another one that hit in my "old neck of the woods" which is about 40 miles from here, but that one didn't cause as much damage as the one in Springfield.

Speaking of tornadoes though, my house (the inside) looks like one ran through here. We've been prepping for a yard sale and things have been in utter chaos. It's times like these that I just want to hide in a corner and will-it all away. But I can't. It's something that needs to be done and I know we'll all feel a lot better when there is order back in the house.

It does make me think of the book "Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat?" though. I haven't read it, but I hear that it is very true. And I can see why too. I find when my house is all messy and things are out of place and piles of junk are being formed every which way I look, I do tend to get overwhelmed and want to munch. I'm sure it seems silly to a "skinny" person, but it's a reality for me. Maybe I should add the book to my next Kindle read.

No comments:

Post a Comment