Sunday, June 26, 2011

Whoa is me

I'm really angry with myself right now.  I let myself go down a dark, dark path this weekend and I ended up over-eating. Drowning my sorrows in high-calorie comfort foods.

The WHAT isn't important. It's the WHY?  I wish I had an answer to that question!  I haven't let my emotions or circumstances get the better of me in such a long time. Sure, I've had a mild bump, this was more like a canyon. Seriously.

The one thing I know I need to do is to keep snacks in my bag for emergencies. I never think to pack healthy stuff for myself when we are out.

The other thing I need to do is let things go. I don't know why I let (some) things eat at me. It's something I've been working on for years. I'm better with some things than I am with others. I need to take my own advice sometimes and remember that life it too short to sweat the small stuff. Remind me of that the next time I'm feeling blue, would ya?

The challenge now is to pick myself up and move on.
Goes to show that I have a lot of work to do.  But I am not going to let this weekend undo the last 3 months of hard work I've done. If it wasn't 9:00 at night, I would hop on the treadmill right now. But it is. So I will get back in the gym tomorrow afternoon as planned. I'll even do a walk in the morning as a little extra push. I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment