Friday, October 5, 2012

Big loss and lots of little stuff

Down 6 pounds this week for a grand total of 15.3 pounds lost in nearly 7 weeks.

I'm happy to finally be headed in the right direction! That gain a few weeks ago too a week to put on and two weeks to take off. Ugh. I hate my body sometimes, but like I've been saying, no giving up!

I shared earlier in the week that I'm starting to feel the changes. Only to the upper body though. My pants are still fitting exactly the same. I can't wait for things to start loosening up. Must be getting close to that happening.

I did a lot of baking yesterday. My girlfriend had some fresh veggies from her parent's garden that she (unfortunately) wasn't going to be able to use so she offered them to me. I was going to make some healthy stuff out of them but then felt bad that she wasn't going to use the veggies so I thought I would bake with them.  I made a zucchini bread, zucchini and carrot bread and a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (OMG! So good). I did remarkably well with keeping the tastes to a minimum. I love to bake (HATE to cook though), but I don't bake often because I will eat it all. I did good yesterday though.  My only regret is not taking pictures of the veggies and the baked goods before sending them off.

This weekend is looking rather bleak weather wise. We probably won't get any hiking or much other outside activities in. I guess it's not the end of the world, there are tons of projects that need doing around the house (see that honey, we have stuff to do ;-)). My thoughts are to get a few things done around here and then get some crafty time in.

What are your weekend plans?
I must now go get a beating at the gym. Seriously, I'm working with Rudy today. He beats the crap out of me. I'm almost afraid.

1 comment: