Sunday, October 14, 2012

Weekend Update

I have a love/hate relationship with busy days. I love when time just moves right along and yet I hate it when I'm so busy that I get consumed by outside things and plans don't fall into place like they are supposed to. This was me Friday.

I was up early (for me). Out the door by 7:30 to get to an appointment at the hospital in Boston for 10.  The trip in to the city took "only" 90 minutes, (with no traffic it takes me about 30 or a bit less depending on where in the city I'm headed). Anyway, I had an appointment to see the rheumatologist about the psoriasis and possibly having psoriatic arthritis. I love this doctor that I see. He is very thorough and listens to what you have to say. He never makes me feel like I'm crazy or just imagining the things I feel.

He's not all that sure what is going on with me. He said it's quite possible I have psoriatic arthritis and at this point, it would be very mild. He took X-rays of my hands to see what's going on there. He's also running the Lupus test again. Do you know how many times I've been tested for Lupus? More than I can count!  There was this one time where the one test came back positive, but it's been negative ever since. I go back in 8 weeks to follow up with how I'm feeling.

After my appointment, I headed off to the gym. I was exhausted when I walked in and exhilarated by the time I walked out. Bob (trainer for the day) noticed how tired I was but was relieved to see how quickly I woke up. He gave me one heck of a workout!

My one regret is that I didn't let the workout carry me through the weekend. I have to admit to not eating so great this weekend. Yesterday wasn't too bad but today was just awful!  I am in no way beating myself up about it because that isn't going to be productive. I'm going to admit to my 3 pieces of pizza (very abnormal for me) and then had Mexican for dinner (I overate for sure!). Like I said though, I am owning it and am moving on.

The plan for the week is to have my 3 training sessions (30 mins. each) and then I will do 8 minutes on the arc trainer (been working my way up to 10) along with 15 on the bike (again, working my way up). I will also commit to walking on the treadmill on both Tuesday and Thursday (off from the gym  those 2 days). All of that with some water and juicing.

Oh yea, juicing. I'll talk about that this week...should be a fun journey.

1 comment:

  1. I hear what you're saying about busy days - stressful coz' they're busy but great coz' the time flies and I usually don't get distracted with other stuff.

    Good luck with your workouts this week. Sounds like a good plan.

    ReplyDelete