Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rough go

Possible TMI here...just be aware. :D

This week is proving to be a rough one for me. I am getting closer and closer to my first big goal. One would think it would be a "balls-to-the-wall" sort of week. I thought it would for sure. I've been so excited to hit this milestone. I am just about there and here I am fighting it. Almost like somewhere deep inside I am afraid to pass through?

I'm not sure what's worse for me this week. The thought of dealing with my feet (getting a cortisone shot tomorrow - hopefully) or being that it's "that time of the month". It seems since I've started this process, my monthly "friend" has been very "unfriendly" to me. I've been more uncomfortable and hungry. I stepped on the scale this morning because I've been feeling so bloated and gross. Found I was up about 4 pounds. I don't typically gain during TOM, but looks like I may this go-around. No worries. I'm not beating myself up about it at all, just feeling frustrated with myself for not being able to snap out of it and push through this milestone that is starting me right in the face!

And back to my feet issue. The Plantar Fasciitis is actually doing better since I called the Doctor to set up the appointment for the cortisone shot. Murphy's Law, right? I also have my first physical therapy appointment next week. I feel like my feet are holding me back more than anything. I would be more than thrilled to walk on a daily basis but don't because of the discomfort and pain I have in my feet. I can't wait to get going with the PT and hopefully get my feet to a place where I can handle daily walks.


1 comment: