I look forward to reading Kenlie's blog over at AllTheWeigh.com . I find her to be a great source of inspiration to me because she's already lost a great deal of weight and has proven (to me) that this really can be done without surgery (as the doctor would prefer).
I especially look forward to her FMM (Friend Makin' Monday) posts. Reasoning? She always gives me something to think about and it's not always specifically about weight loss. And I like having a topic pre-chosen for me. Like I've said before, I have a ton of things that come up within the course of the week, but by the time I get a moment in the day to sit and talk about it I just don't have the energy or the time. Working on both.
Anyway, when I opened Kenlie's blog today to see the topic, I chuckled. Weight-loss tips? From me? No way! I am just stuck in a rut. It's one I've made for myself. I know what I need to do. I can't blame the holidays anymore. Can't even blame my husband (not that I ever did)...he's been eating much better since his bout with gout over Christmas break. For some reason, I just can't get the eating under control.
I scoured the internet last night looking for some clues to help me with the binge and/or "closet" eating. I thought giving up the diet soda would help with that, usually does. Not this time. It's most likely that I'm dehydrated and need to drink water. I hate water. I honestly do. Especially in the winter. I want carbonation. I long for carbonation. "Have soda water", you say. I hate that crap. "try a lemon or lime in your water". Been there. Done that. Let's face it, I am set in my ways and stubborn as all hell. I want my Diet Coke and am having a toddler's temper tantrum about having to give it up. End of story.
So, I guess I need to thank Kenlie for this topic. Maybe by putting down on "paper" what I've learned, what has gotten me through in the past, will help me move on through today and the future....
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Weight-Loss Tips
1. Plan, plan, plan. Simple as that. I found I do better when I know what my lunches and dinners are going to be through the day/week. The rest will fall into place.
2. Weigh/measure everything. It's a basic foundation on this path. It's elementary. Has. To. Happen.
3. Journal. Writing everything down is so helpful in that at the end of the day I can see if I've had enough veggies or too much in carbs. The key (for me) is to have a balanced diet. Eating too much in one category can definitely put me off track.
4. Exercise. Not just cardio. I have found doing strength training is a huge key to my success. I've started using Fitocracy.Com to log my workouts. They give points for different exercises you do and you "level" up as you move through your workouts. The competitor in me loves it.
5. Stop when I am satisfied; not when I am full. Tough distinction, but once I found that spot, it made all the difference in the world.
So there are a few of my "tips". It's all stuff that has worked for me in the past and no it's time to put it into action for today and the future.
I said on Friday that my weekend was all about planning. I did that...now to make the rest fall into place. I just need one good week because that will turn into two which will then turn into three...you get the idea.
What are your tips?
And Thank You Kenlie! This was a great topic. The timing couldn't have been better!