Friday, January 6, 2012

Week One

Here we are, nearing the end of Week One. All over again. That's right, I am starting fresh. It's a new year and a new month so why not just start fresh?  

As I stated in my last post, my goals for the week were to cut out soda (again) and to ease back into the gym routine. So far, so good. I haven't had any soda since Tuesday. I was dragging a bit yesterday and had a slight headache this morning, but I'm hanging in there. I know in the long run I am going to feel better and will eat less. 

The gym has also been a success for me this week. I've made it in three times. I did two full-hour workouts and just did a 25 minute cardio on the bike today. My muscles are a bit achy; I wouldn't have it any other way!  I've worked out a baby-sitting schedule for the rest of the month so my gym days are all on the calendar. No excuses now! 

As I'm wrapping up week one, I'm starting to think about what my goals for next week should be. I have many, many things that I would like to cut out of my diet but certainly don't want to do it all at once. I also have a number of questions for the Doctor that I would like to have answered before making too many changes.  So, for now, I think my goal for next week will be to journal. I do so much better when I am keeping track of every little morsel that I put in my mouth. I am going to couple the journaling together with measuring. I got to the point where eyeballing it was what I was doing, but because I haven't been in the weight loss zone for quite some time I really need to get back to the basics. 

I'm not too worried about the weighing in stuff just yet either. My main focus is on changing some bad habits and making some good ones happen. The rest should fall into place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment