Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy and Merry Everything...

...to you, that is! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season. 
For me, the holidays seem to just take over. I am busy in November with prepping (crafting) for my son's school. They hold a holiday fair where the kids come in and purchase gifts for their loved ones. It's such a wonderful thing to have this opportunity for the kids, but it's a lot of work. Exhausting. The fair is held during December. It's only 3 days long, but it's a loooong three day!  Believe you me!  It always takes so much out of me. Always happy when it's all done. And now the preparations for next year begin. 

And here we are in 2012. 

2011 had some bumps. Some larger than others. Some scary. Some just a nuisance. Made it through all the same though. I ended up gaining a little through the week of Christmas. Having the whole family home all at once really did me in. I gained a few pounds but am well on my to losing those pesky things. 
So, with my little gain, I still ended up with a total loss of 36 pounds for 2011. Not too bad. Certainly could have been better, but I am not about to belittle my accomplishments!  No way, no how. 

2012 is going to be better. It has to be. I've learned a lot about myself in the months where my losing was *almost* constant. I learned even more during the months where I was stagnant - pretty much since the end of September. 

My plan is to work on one or two things at a time as to not get overwhelmed. This week is about getting back in the gym and getting off the diet soda *again*. Diet soda is the bane of my existence. It won't stop taunting me. Yesterday I had 1/2 of a little bottle; none today. Taking it one day at a time. As far as the gym goes, I did my first workout in 2 weeks last night. It was rough going, but it really did feel great! 
I will be back in the gym tomorrow night and am working on a sitter so I can go Friday morning as well. 

So far 2012 is going along as planned. Would I like to be in this full-throttle? Sure. But it's hard getting 100% back on the wagon. I know from the past that when I go into things full-throttle, I fizzle out in a matter of a few days. I feel a lot safer taking baby steps. I know this way I will make small achievements which will eventually lead to big and better things. 

I have a lot more floating around in my mind right now that I would like to write about. But I have a million things going on around me and can't concentrate. I just really wanted to make sure I sat down to start blogging again. It's something that has helped in me in the past and hopefully will continue to keep me motivated. 

What are your plans for 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment