Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Results: Week One

Not a bad week. I'm down 4.6 pounds according to the gym scale (I weighed in later in the day than I normally would). Home scale was 5.2. So, I just have to be consistent as to which scale I'm using so I will use the home scale...not because it was a bit better but because I will actually remember the number. :)

How I did in terms of the goals:

Weekly Goal: Get back onto the bike. I haven't been able to do any cardio with my coughing so much. My thinking is that by Friday I should be well enough to do more cardio.  So the bike didn't happen. However, I have been on the arc. I haven't been able to get on the bike because I've been waiting for my sneakers to come in (they did arrive yesterday but are too small). The shoes I've been wearing to the workouts are just too big for the straps on the bike. I'm considering this as a win anyway because the arc is a better workout. 

Goals for January: 
1. Log most of my meals. I would love to say all my meals but you know I'm bound to miss one. If I log 5-6 days out of the week, I think I'll be fine.  And I did make it 6 days!  Hope to keep that momentum up for the remainder of the month. 

2. By next week I'd like to use the time that I have in the gym. Damon was nice enough to set up the deal that I could use the cardio equipment for 30 mins one my gym days. So long as my lungs cooperate, I'd like to use that time wisely! As stated above - this has been a win!  Today I could only do 15 minutes because of my feet but I've gotten as much as 20+ this week. Shooting for 20-25 next week. 

3. Walk on the treadmill on at least one"off day". I work with Damon 3 days a week, the least I could do is another of cardio.  I'll work my way up to 2-3 cardio days. This is a "fail". I haven't done anything on my "off" days. I will make more of an effort this week. 

4. This one is rough. I would like to get off the diet soda. I know all the bad things it does to your health....I'm just an addict. Hello. My name is Jenn and I'm addicted to diet soda. This one is still rough!  

5. Juice 3 days a week. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before or not (sorry, pressed for time or I'd look) but I bought a juicer a few months back. We use it a lot on the weekends to make some sort of fruit juice to go with breakfast. I would like to take it a step further and really get into veggie juicing.  No juice yet either. I have supplies on hand so I will make more of an effort to just do it. 

All in all I think the first week went really well. And for the start of week 2?  Well, I got to work out with Bob.  As much I say he's "mean" and I cringe and cry when I know I have to work with him, I know I'm going to get a great workout. I know I'm going to leave the gym feeling exhausted but it will be worth it. And truth be told, Bob is certainly not mean. He's probably one of the kindest people I've ever met...he has this gentle soul thing going on. As much as you are crying on the inside and begging for mercy, you just can't because you want to do it for him because he's so nice. Does that make any sense?

So, now that it's just after dinner time, I am ready to curl up on the couch and watch some tube. I feel I've earned it today.
Roll week two.

3 comments:

  1. Great week! and great numbers, I'll take those any day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Hope my post looks as good as yours when I write it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome! Well done on week 1 :)

    ReplyDelete