Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Obsessed much?

When I get into a project, I mean really get into it, it's all I can think about.  For example, while working on my son's fourth grade memory book I would stay up until 1 to 2 in the morning just working away on organizing and preparing pages for the book. Then I would wake up the next morning and dive right in again. Some days I spent nearly 12 hours working on the darn thing. When I wasn't working on it, I was discussing it or thinking about it.  My mind never stopped until the darn thing was done.  In the end, it was worth all my hard work.  The kids were really happy and I received an email from the principal the other day stating how thankful she was and how she thought there was just a little something extra special about the book this year.  The compliment helped make all that stress and worry and work worth it.

Well, I'm obsessed again.  This time it's about weight loss (YES!! right?!).  It's all I can think about right now.  Seriously, I can't think about anything else. I am on a mission to find a formula that will work.  I've been reading blog after blog after blog.  I've read one book about carb cycling on my Kindle and ended up purchasing a hard copy tonight so I could go through and highlight and mark up the book where I need to. I have another book on the subject on the way from Amazon.  I've joined a few groups on Facebook, and have even spoken to a few friends of mine who have had surgery which ultimately lead me to read a few books on that subject.  If you can think of a way to lose weight, I've probably read about it over the last few weeks.  I just can't get enough information right now.  I know I said that the other day, but it's very true.

I guess I've finally (for real) hit rock, rock bottom.  I hate being stuck!  My current plan is to try the carb cycling for the recommended twelve weeks.  I figure it will also help me with my ultimate goal of being gluten free which is supposed to help with the Hashimoto's and the Psoriasis as well as the MGUS.  And speaking of being gluten free, I almost picked up the book Grain Brain tonight while I was at the book store (see, obsessed!).

 My hope is that this obsession of mine sticks around. Hopefully it's the drive I need to get moving in the right direction again.

Fingers crossed.


1 comment:

  1. I love reading about new programs and eating styles. There's so much info out there though that it can get kind of overwhelming. I try to take notes of things I'd like to try or incorporate into my lifestyle in a separate notebook to see if they'll really work within my plan.

    ReplyDelete