Monday, July 25, 2011

FMM: Defining Moments

Blogger was driving me nuts! I've been trying to post but was having problems. Now I'll have to save my first topic for tomorrow. 
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Defining Moments
Was there a defining moment in which you realized that you needed to lose weight?  If so, will you elaborate? (If you experienced this moment in some other area of your life, please feel free to share that too!)

Oh how I wish I could say my "moment" happened during one of the following experiences - but it didn't. 
1. How about the times in High School that I was made fun of hearing things like "boom baba boom" while I was walking down the hall. 
2. Or when some guy told me he wanted to date me in the worst way. Loved so much about me but couldn't get past the fat. 
3. And when I needed a lap-belt extension on a flight and fought tears the whole time we were in the air. 
4. Then there was the time I thought I was going to break a seat in a stadium...it snapped but didn't completely break. I just squatted on the seat til the concert began.
5. or the time when....well, you get the idea. 
Needless to say it hasn't been an easy road for me. I've been heavy my whole entire life. I've started and stopped so many diets and "lifestyle changes" it's not even funny. Alas, here I am. 
What started it this time? Well, my diagnosis really. You can read about it here and the second part here...but to sum it all up...knowing that I may have a Cancer rap in my future, I'd like to be in the best possible condition I can be in order to really beat this thing. That and clearly I want to see my kids grow up. It's all I think about really. So maybe I am doing this more for them than anything else. Maybe having Cancer looking down at me everyday is the best thing that's happened to me? Well, not the best thing, but you know what I mean. 
This is my reality. It's something I have to keep in the forefront of my mind every single day. And yet I can't let it control me. It's a fine balance. I have a positive outlook on life. I'm trying my best to get into shape and make the most of my life...enjoy the kids and my time. I've learned that life really is precious and you just never know when your time is going to be up. I'm now doing what I can to make sure I don't leave this Earth before my time but if I do then I know I have given it my all and won't have any regrets. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! This is my first visit to your blog - thanks for your comments on my post from FMM!

    I took some time to read your two previous posts about your diagnosis. I can't imagine how difficult and scary that time must have been. Regardless of the trigger, I think it's wonderful that you're taking steps towards weight loss. I think it's easy to get caught up in health issues (and I've suffered from quite a few) and let them get the best of us ... it's definitely not easy to pull out of such a tough place, but I guess the thing is to keep trying, right?

    Good luck! Will keep up to date on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete