Sunday, July 3, 2011

Independence Day 2011

Happy 4th Of July!!




I have to say this is one of my favorite holidays! It's a great time to casually hang out with friends and family. Enjoying the freedoms that we are so lucky to have in this country. 

We started our festivities tonight with some fun on the common in town. The kids got to play carnival-esque games, had a little fried dough (I had two small bites and passed it on to my husband to dish out to the kids and him). The evening was completed with watching the kids take a train ride. It was a John Deer tractor that had barrels attached to the back...no worries, there were seat belts.  My youngest (two years old) couldn't wait to get on said train. Until we actually put him in it. The tears and screaming began.  People must've thought we were cruel to keep him on the train. We've been through this before...he LOVED the ride. Told us all about it when it was done. 

Tomorrow is the annual town parade. My eldest will be riding on one of the Cub Scout floats shooting people with water guns. He is beside himself with excitement! After the parade we'll have a family BBQ  and end the day with fireworks. What isn't there to love about this day?

I hope you have a happy and safe 4th! 
God Bless America!!!!


Oh, and I must offer a correction to Monday's FMM. I posted that I had Anise in my fridge!  
Duh! It was Fennel!  See what I know! 




No comments:

Post a Comment