Sunday, July 24, 2011

Week 17 Weigh In

So, I am a little late with the weigh in. Well, I did weigh in just didn't tell you about it.

Anyway, the weigh in was a bust!  A big fat zero. There is an "although" here, but that will have to wait til the end.

When I first saw that my number stayed the same, I took a deep breath, shook my head and popped back on the scale. Darn! Same again! Are you kidding me? I've tightened up my calories, been eating way more fruits and veggies than ever before and my trainer has kicked my workouts up a notch (I was sore after my workout last Monday, that hasn't happened in weeks!).

I was deflated. Depressed. Angry. Confused...

I could have taken the easy way and thrown my hands up and said to "hell with it"! But, I didn't. Instead I put on my workout clothes, marched into the gym and gave it my all. Not giving up over here! I've worked too hard and I feel too good to throw in the towel now!

As far as the gym goes, I've upped my time on the elliptical; did 15 minutes yesterday along with 20 minutes on the bike and 30 minutes strength training. The weights I've been lifting/pushing have increased significantly as well. I'm doing a few things that I wouldn't have been able to do 17 weeks ago!  I've even received a few comments from gym-goers about the weight I'm lifting....feels real good to know I can do more than people who have been working out a heck of a lot longer than I have. I even push higher on one of the legs workouts than my trainer... I am strong!

On my off days from the gym I've been walking. Trying to beat my 5K time  which averaged a 20 min mile...not quite there but am getting more and more comfortable with walking at a faster pace. I'm thinking about doing another 5K in September just as long as my feet can handle it.

Now back to the "although"...while I was working out on Friday, I saw myself in the mirror (as I do every time I do squats - those suckers hurt...I digress)...I noticed how much I've changed in the last few weeks. The first time I did squats in this gym, I thought I looked like a sumo wrestler. Friday I looked much smaller. I loved it.

When I woke up Saturday morning and looked in the mirror, there was just something a bit different about my face. A look in my eye maybe? I decided to hop on the scale. I was DOWN! By a few pounds too!  Oh, how that cheered me up! I'm not counting that for this week though. I only weigh in on Friday's, not going to mess things up now. Here's looking for a big number in week 18.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenn,

    Thanks for stopping by on my blog! It was really nice to get some comments lol! I don't feel like a crazy person writing to myself anymore!
    I started weighing myself daily, but I had to stop because I had some days where I'd seem to gain a pound, be all unhappy the whole day and then the next day lose 2 pounds by doing nothing different!! Well done for your loss this week! :)

    ReplyDelete