I took the kids to the zoo today. No school being that it is Columbus Day and all. The place was packed! This zoo is situated in the woods and is full of hills. My legs got a great workout pushing the stroller up those hills! The only bad thing about the day was that I neglected to pack us a lunch. Ended up ordering a grilled cheese which did nothing for me. I was still starving. I did the best I could to keep the calories at a minimum and had a conversation with myself about how not to forget to pack a lunch next time!
I will hit the gym tonight. That will also help.
Now, onto FMM....
Now it’s time for FMM! If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: 8 Taboo Topics
- How often do you read/watch the news? The news depresses me. And often angers me. So, I will read the headlines a few times a day and choose topics I'd like to know more about.
- What is your opinion on beauty pageants? I hate them. Especially ones for children. I really hate that society puts so much weight into what's on the outside before looking to the inside which is where the beauty really lies.
- Would you date/marry someone who has different religious views than you? Ummm...I don't think my husband would like that too much. :D Seriously though, yes. If my husband was of a different religion I would have been OK with it. I love speaking with people from other religions. I'm sort of intrigued by all the different beliefs people have.
- Do you follow politics? Yes. A little. I have very strong opinions though so I stay away from this topic with friends. It's funny how the subject of politics can tear a friendship apart.
- How often do you talk about sex in your daily life and/or on your blog? I talk about sex fairly regularly. I probably wouldn't discuss it on the blog though.
- Does it make you uncomfortable when someone asks you about your salary/income? Does it ever happen? What bothers me the most is when people say "Oh, so do you work" or "you don't work then?" when they hear that I am a [stay-at-home] mom. Yes I work! I work very hard! I just don't get a paycheck for the work that I do. And if I did get a paycheck, I would probably make more than you anyway because of all the "jobs" I have. A mother's work is never done. I wouldn't change it for the world. Just really get my spine up with those kinds of comments.
- Do you tag friends and family in pictures that you post on FB, or do you seek permission first? If it's someone I am not good friend's with, I will ask. Otherwise I just tag away.
- Can you be friends with people who have opposing views on ‘taboo’ topics? Yes. So long as they are open to my ideas too. I really hate it when people shove their ideals down my throat without having any consideration for what mine might be. I think the world is a better place because we are all different. We just need to respect that and each other.
Now it's your turn. Don't forget to link back here and to Kenlie's blog at WWW.AllTheWeigh.com