Sunday, October 9, 2011

Weekend Update

I love going to the fair. The fair signifies [to me] that it is indeed, fall. It is the one thing I will get up [willingly] before 7AM for. The particular fair I am referring to is a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive for us. Sure, there are closer fairs but this is one the family has been going to for years and years. Can't break tradition now.

The fair is all about spending time with the family. Enjoying good food, fun, and traditions. We always leave for the fair by 6AM. The first thing we do when we arrive is set up our chairs at our gathering spot. Then we head over to Tom's Donuts for our traditional morning "snack" where we discuss our plan-of-attack for the rest of the day. Tom's brings long, long lines. Yesterday was no different. I waited in line for twenty minutes. Yes, you read that right, 20 minutes! Trust me, they are worth the wait! And it's a good thing this is a once-a-year sort of thing!  The calories must be off the charts. Worth it though.

Tom's was the worst fair food for me yesterday. Traditionally the french fries with vinegar, sausage, indian pudding and apple crisp would all follow. I had a few of my Dad's fries and a bite of my husband's fried Snickers (gross!). Other than that, I didn't do too badly. I'm sure I was way over my calories on the day, but that's OK. I knew that going in. My goal for the week is to maintain or at least keep a possible gain to a minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment