Monday, September 17, 2012

Happy Monday!



I was dragging this morning!  Big time. I didn't want to get out of bed. I didn't want to get the kids ready for school (OK, so who am I kidding, hubs usually does that part - I am so lucky!), I didn't want to do anything. And the thought of going to the gym? Ugh! It's a darn good thing I had an appointment to keep or I certainly would have been "bad" and not gone. 


The funny thing about workouts though is they tend to get me out of that Monday Morning (or any morning) funk. I killed my workout today. D even said I'm getting stronger and have more stamina and it really hasn't been all that long. Go me! 

So, I started my Monday morning by burning about 600 calories in a little over 30 minutes. What did you do?

 Blog Stuff


1.  Have you ever met anyone through your blog that led to an in-person friendship/relationship? No, not yet. My blogging ambition comes and goes. Even today, I really didn't have a topic to write about (thank goodness for Kenlie and her FMM!)
2.  Most bloggers have a specific niche.  What would you discuss if it didn’t seem inappropriate on your blog? I don't know if it would be "inappropriate" but it doesn't fit the purpose of my blog...but I would talk about scrapbooking. I did have a scrapbooking blog for a while but like this one, I wasn't the best at keeping it up. 
And sometimes I would like to talk about politics. Mainly because I've been banging my head a lot as of late. But I really don't want to get into "fights" with people online. It's just not my style. See Friday's post. 
3. If you could meet three bloggers, who would they be? I would have to go with Stephen over at http://www.whoatemyblog.com/, Ali Edwards (scrapbooking), and Marion over at http://affectionforfitness.blogspot.com/ because she is such a terrific cheerleader! 
4. If you had to choose between Facebook or Twitter which one would you choose?  Facebook. Hands down. I really don't "get" Twitter.
5. Do you vlog (video blog?) No way, no how. I hate my voice. 
6. How many blogs do you read on an average day? It depends on my mood. When I am all about getting onto my blog, I will read all that are on my blog roll (at least). When I'm not in a bloggy mood, I'm lucky to read the few faves that I have. 
7.  What is the coolest thing that you’ve seen online recently? I have to second Kenlie's answer. Made me cry! 
"I saw a postvia Roni’s blog recently entiteld “Hey, Fat Girl, and it stopped me in my tracks.  I had tears in my eyes and chills down my arms."
8. If you gave your blog a new name what would it be? I wouldn't change it. I chose this name because I love to scrapbook and thought I would talk about scrapping once a week (that was the original plan) and because of that love I thought the name fit me. 
9. Have you ever attended a blog conference like Fitbloggin?  If not, would you? I've never been. Up until last year, I had never even heard of it.   I'm not sure if I'd go or not. I'm a really quiet and shy person at first...but once I am comfortable with my surroundings, all bets are off! 
10. In the past I have asked why you blog.  Now I want to know why you read blogs?  What do you take from it?  Mostly for inspiration. Inspiration to keep working out, to keep eating right, or to get scrappy or other crafty ideas. 

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the workout thing, once you can get into it, you feel empowered. It's just making myself actually get going that seems to be the toughest part.
    My sister is really into scrapbooking, she sells a lot of her paper piecings on Ebay. She goes by the user name scraptastic01

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, morning workouts are the bomb to make one feel good and out of that funk. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous way to start the week! Hope the rest of it is just as good :)

    ReplyDelete