Hope you had a great weekend!
The family went out for another hike on Saturday. The kids are loving being out in the woods looking for treasures (geocaches), I'm loving that we are all together doing something active! Now, if I can get the big kid to ride a bike, we could add something else to the activity list.
Anyway, back to the hike; we were short on time so had to cut things a little shorter than we would have liked. Part of the time issue what the insistence on the children's part of stopping for an extended snack period. No matter though, the actual hiking time was just about an hour and I burned 785 calories! (I paused my counter during said snack period).
This hike was a little more difficult than last week's. Honestly, I didn't think I was going to be able to do it. We got to this fork in the path where one went uphill through these rocks and such while the other was on more stable ground. When I saw the path that went upward, I paniked. I didn't think there was any way I would be able to do it. I thought back to a time when I was in high school and one of my Aunt's took me and a friend camping. During one of the days she thought it would be fun to "climb a mountain". Now, the mountain was small, but the climb was rough. I only made it half way up before turning around in embarrassment to walk back down. Alone. You would have thought that would have been my tipping point, and maybe it was for a brief period of time...who knows. Anyhow, I was thinking about that day (although this climb wasn't as difficult as "that day") and thought about how I would feel if I couldn't do it. Then I thought "what if I can do it?". So, I bucked up and did it! I was so proud of myself for not letting my inner voice take over. I told her to shush and take a seat because I want to give-it-a-go.
It's moments like that that make me realize that I am a lot stronger than I think I am. I can do way more than I think I can. Just need to keep in this frame of mind more often than not and before I know it, I will go back and conquer that mountain I didn't get to do back in high school!
And now it's time to play along with Kenlie's FMM...
Have You Ever?
1. Jumped out of an airplane? Umm...no. Never. Ever. Ever. Just sayin'
2. Lived alone? No.
3. Met a celebrity? Yes. A few actually. I behaved myself, but if I ever meet Jon Bon Jovi - forget about it! You'll see my name in some headline. I'd be pathetic! Been in love with that man since the sixth grade! (That was a LONG time ago!)
4. Said something to someone that you immediately regret saying? Haven't we all? Hate it when that happens!
5. Had a manicure/pedicure? Yes. Used to have them all the time pre-kids. Now I'm lucky to do it yearly. Yikes!
6. Gotten a hickey? Sadly, yes. Never happy about that!
7. Owned a pet that was not a dog or a cat? Yes. Nothing exotic. Just guinea pigs and hamsters. The kids would love lizards and things like that. I'm OK with anything but snakes and mice!
8. Been outside of your home country? Yes. would love to travel more too. Someday.
9. Kissed your best friend? Daily :D
10. Eaten food that fell on the floor? Yup. My floor only though.
11. Met someone online? Married him.
12. Been on TV? God, I hope not!
13. Had braces? Nope.
14. Gone skinny dipping? possibly. ;-)
15. Been to the opera? Only Phantom of the Opera
16. Been caught making out by a policeman? No. I don't like public displays of affection...even in my own car. Sorry. Not judging. I just don't "do that" :)
17. Sung in public? No. And you can thank me for it.
18. Handed out candy on Halloween? Yes. But I would rather go out with my kids.
19. Been snowed in? Yes. But never for long.
20. Fallen in front of other people? Yes. I slipped on some ice outside of work once. I was mortified. And why is it always "funny" when someone else falls but horrifying when you do?
21. Cheated on a test? Never. I am honest to a fault.
22. Regretted saying “I love you” to someone? I don't think so.
23. Finished a meal in a restaurant and realized that you didn’t have your wallet? Probably. But I was always with someone who did...hi Mom! ;-)
24. Shot a gun? No. Guns terrify me. Although, I am not against guns (not getting into politics!).
25. Heard a song that was written for (or about) you? Ummm...did I mention Jon Bon Jovi? Yea, he's written a few for me! HA!