Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bring. It. On.

I needed a good workout to get this frustration and depression out over the weather around here. I can't remember the last time we saw the sun and the forecast shows nothing but clouds and rain. Saturday we may see a little sun through all the clouds. How depressing on the mood.

Getting my workout in early in the morning has helped with getting my mood off the ground. I really needed a good one today after missing the gym yesterday. I did get a little Biggest Loser workout in as well as 20 minutes on the treadmill, but it's just not the same as hitting it hard in the gym.

Anyway, my workout was all about lower body today. It's a workout I used to dread, but suddenly look forward to. Seeing what I am able to do vs. thinking about where I've come from is simply amazing. For my squats: he added weight to the bar. I did my "funny" and blessed myself before lifting. He laughed, told me this wasn't a church. After I completed my sets he went on to give me a lecture about not doubting. "You need to believe you can do it!" Although I know he's right. And I did believe I could do it; I was more concerned about how hard and possibly painful it was going to be....it was neither of those things.

He showed me a piece of what I'll be doing in the future (for squats). My eyes bulged out of my head thinking about the kinds of weights I'll be lifting, but I know when I get there I'll be able to do it like it's nothing. What a great feeling!

I was doing the machine where you sit and push weight with your legs. I started with a nice "light" weight for the first set but worked up to 240 pounds by the last set. There was another woman in the gym with me who used the machine after I was done...she said to me "You just pushed 240?  I cringe at my 160!!!" That felt great to hear! She was a lot (A LOT) smaller than I am. Me being the morbidly obese girl, her being the average weight girl...look at me go!

And that's why I say Bring. It. On!

No comments:

Post a Comment