Friday, May 13, 2011

Week 8 Weigh In

Down 2.7 this week
Total loss: 24 pounds

My clothes are finally starting to feel a little lose. Some of them anyway. It's the sucky thing (one of the many) about being as heavy as I am - takes forever to feel the difference. I'm just starting to. Only good things can come now.

There are other changes I am noticing too. For instance, while I was in the gym this morning, I realized I needed to refill my ginormous water bottle. I believe it holds 32 ounces. I noted to self that when I first began working in the gym 8 weeks ago, I would only consume the one bottle-full of water. This week I've had to refill and would easily finish the second bottle of water before leaving the gym. I guess I'm really getting my sweat-on, eh?

I've also noticed how strong I really am getting. Every time I see Edmund make an adjustment on a machine, I get nervous. He always says "you'll be alright." Then I do the exercise and think "WOW! I never thought I would be able to lift/push/pull that amount of weight..." but I can!

Thinking about the "breaks" I need to take in between each exercise too. I used to have to sit between each set. Now? Nope. Even when my heart rate hits the high 80-90% range, I just need to stop and take a few breaths so my heart can relax a bit. Eight weeks ago I would hit that 90%, would have to sit and rest for a good minute to a minute and a half before getting my heart rate back to a more comfortable rate. Now it only takes a few seconds. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment