Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day

First and foremost I'd like to thank all the brave men and women (and of course their families) who are serving as well as those who have served our country to protect our freedom.

This is a photo of my late grandfather, Walter J. Borowski. He served in the US Army as a Ranger. He really was a true American Hero. If you care to Google his name, you'll find many articles written about him and his efforts during WWII. It is because of people like my grandfather that we are able to enjoy our day-to-day freedoms. Have you thanked a Vet today? 

Now onto our regularly scheduled FMM...

Today's FMM f All The Weigh is really going to make me and you think about things. So get ready to have a little fun! 

FMM: ABC's of Me

Here's how it works...you'll choose topics about yourself, your likes, dislikes, etc.  according to each letter in the alphabet, and share a little with us. Oh shhh...you know you love it. ;)

Apples. I love them and hate them all at the same time!  I have to have them at room temperature because cold ones hurt my teeth (strange, I know). I hate them because they will sometimes give me heartburn and a tummy-ache. 

Bon Jovi - been listening to them since I was in the 6th grade!  Never heard a song from them I didn't like.

Children. I have 2 of them. They are the light of my life. 

Dusting. I hate to do it. Always makes me sneeze.

Exercise - something I have always had a love/hate relationship with. I'm learning that I love it a lot more than hating it these days though!  :)

Football!  Huge Patriots fan right here. Everyone knows not to call me on Sunday's during football season. I don't answer the phone!  

Garlic goes into practically everything I make.

Health. You never really realize how important your health is until you are staring at something that is lurking to take it away. 

Icing. I recently took classes for cake decorating. It's fast becoming one of my favorite hobbies. Although eating the icing probably isn't good for my calorie budget.

Jenn with 2 n's. I know it drives people crazy with "us Jenn's" do that. I started doing that when I was at weight watchers summer camp the year before I started high school. One of the girls at the camp would write my name that way. I liked it because it differentiated me from the 5 other Jen's that were in my class. My Mom still hasn't caught on that I'm using 2 n's. 

Kids. I love them. See the letter C

Laughter - there is no better medicine. 

Mornings. HATE 'em. 

Night owl

Oprah. I'm probably one of the only few on the planet who isn't a huge fan. I like her enough. Just never really watched her show. 

Peas - still don't eat them. 

Queen of eye rolling. (just as my mom!)

Relaxation - never enough time for that, if you as me. 

Saturday is my favorite day of the week. 

Travel. I love travel. Never enough time or money though. 

Umbrella. I always forget it in the car or in the garage. 

Vests - other than bullet proof ones, I don't understand the reason to wear one. 

Water. I never seem to drink enough. 

X-ray -I've had far too many of them this year. I'm starting to glow green. 

Young - I do look young for my age. I always thank my Polish ancestry for that and hope to keep it when the weight is gone. 

Zoo - Would love to take the kids to The Bronx Zoo this year. 








No comments:

Post a Comment